Not all of us are cut out for the classic, favorite pizza toppings of pepperoni and cheese. Some of us have cravings and taste that’s a bit more adventurous, and pizza provides the ideal blank slate for more creative combinations.
In addition to the classically-topped pizzas on our menu here at Elemental, we offer a couple of more inventive ones, such as the Curry with Chicken, the SMH Baked Potato and the Green Goddess. But those are hardly as imaginative as some of the more crazy pizza toppings around the world, as we’ve discovered…
- Tex Mex: Pizza with pepper jack, salsa, refried beans and avocado.
- Grilled Asparagus and Sun-Dried Tomatoes: Top the crust with creamy ricotta cheese, grilled asparagus, and sun-dried tomato slivers.
- Cheeseburger: Sprinkled cheddar cheese on top of the tomato sauce base, with grilled hamburger and red onions.
- Sweet and Savory: The base is smooth and creamy mashed sweet potatoes, topped with mozzarella and flavorful Soppressata cured meat.
- Arabian Grove: Chopped figs with rosemary and parmesan and a little bit of drizzled olive oil.
- Ham and Cheese Lunch: This pizza is topped with slices of ham, cheese, and Granny Smith apples with a little bit of rosemary and apricot jam.
- Tart and Smoked: Lemon slices are covered with a rich smoked mozzarella.
- Mediterranean Garden: Instead of a tomato sauce base, this pizza has a light layer of hummus, topped with grilled zucchini slices and chopped garlic (pictured).
- Cheesy Bacon-Broccoli: A pizza topped with cheddar, bacon and broccoli.
- S’mores: For dessert, top the crust with chunks of chocolate, marshmallows, and crumbled graham crackers.
You’ll have to try some of the above toppings on your own for now, but that doesn’t mean we don’t want to hear what kind of wacky pizza experiments you would like to create at Elemental Pizza - drop us a line! You never know…you may have something brilliant.
Featured photo source: Delish.com